Saturday, May 15, 2010

Beth Kephart at Alumni Day

At left is Beth Kephart, reading from her work at KWH on Alumni Day, Saturday May 15. She read with Alice Eliot Dark--a fantastic pair of readings. Afterwards photos were taken as Al Filreis and Moira Moody gathered 'round with Beth and Alice. Then separately, Al and Beth went home and blogged about the gathering. Bear with us, as now you read what Al wrote in his blog and follow the link to Beth's blog:

Just a few hours ago today at the Writers House, with me from left to right: Alice Eliot Dark, Moira Moody, Beth Kephart. Alice and Beth read beautifully from their work. I was ready to explain the interlocking connections of these four, and planned to link from here to Beth's blog, which I read regularly. So naturally I went to Beth's blog to pick up the URL for the link and, lo and behold, Beth had driven home and had already written out the merge. So I need only refer to you her blog, which I do so happily. Let me only add that I've been a pleased and moved reader of Alice's "In the Gloaming" for years and was gratified that she chose to read from that very story this afternoon at KWH. Pretty soon we'll have a recording available and you can listen too.